[MPlayer-users] gnome-terminal window doesn't get focus back when mplayer video window closes

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Wed May 2 22:26:07 CEST 2012

Hello,

before I file a bug for gnome-terminal, mutter or whatsoever I'd like to
get some guidance on the issue: when MPlayer video playback is launched
from gnome-terminal, hitting 'Q' while the video window is focused or
just closing the video window doesn't return focus back to gnome-terminal.

This is specific to GNOME 3.4 across different distributions and didn't
happen with GNOME 3.2, so this is likely a GNOME bug, but is there
anything MPlayer could do about it? Is it the business of gnome-terminal
or of mutter to grab focus back after a window opened by a child process
closes? I mean, when e.g. gnome-calculator is launched from
gnome-terminal, hitting Ctrl+Q terminates the calculator and the
gnome-terminal window is automagically focused again, which stopped to
work with MPlayer.

MPlayer r34879

Thanks,

--