[MPlayer-users] Audio sync problem with mencoder

Zacharias zacharias at uymail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:38:59 CET 2012

Ciao alex! :)
well i do it so because one weird thing happened:
i did dumped the .vob file through the command : mplayer dvd://1
-dumpstream -dumpfile movie.vob and then encoded/did the rip from the
.vobfile, but! there's a big issue here:
i realised afterwards that the audio was not synched and another thing
happened: the subtitles were burnt in the final coded videofile.avc or mkv
for some weird reason.

that's why i dump the video only and then the AC3 audio.
any thoughts? with the synch and this subtitle thing
regards,
zach