[MPlayer-users] Create h.264 elementary stream

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 04:35:48 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

In the version of mplayer I'm running in Linux, I use the following
command to create a raw h.264 file, which mplayer tells me is an h.264
elementary stream file when I play it back:

mencoder input_filename -nosound -of rawvideo -ofps 30 -vf harddup -ovc
x264 -x264encopts bframes=0 -o output_filename

When I run the same command in Windows (I've tried with several of the
precompiled Windows binaries available), mplayer tells me:

libavformat file format detected

instead of what it said with the file generated in Linux, which is:

H264-ES file format detected

Does anyone know if there's a parameter I'm missing to specify that I
want mencoder to create an elementary stream?  I'm converting the files
for some custom hardware, and it's very picky about what it will play.

Thanks!

Marlon