[MPlayer-users] advanced menu in mplayer

Adam Sulmicki sulmicki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:20:41 CET 2012

Hello All,

I have question. In the past I had used mplayer with "-menu" option.

This was good, but now I need something more advanced.

I immagine running mplayer in background (underlay) with -fixed-vo -loop 0
in slave mode.
(ie continously)

and on top (in overlay) I would like to have some fancy menu. This is:
* ability to display semi-transparent graphic (ex : this semi-translucent
right-arrow" instead of text "play")
* ability to enter free text (ie displays semi-transparent box and I can
enter into the box sentences).
* multiple choice menu.
* semi-transparency of the text and graphics.

It seems to me I can't do that with "-menu" option.

what are my options here?
what project would be closet to what I describe?

any idea?
any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Adam