[MPlayer-users] Prevent mplayer zooming when video smaller than window

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 12:02:21 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 08:03:23AM +1200, Lobster wrote:
> On 19/06/2012 2:09 a.m., Richard Markiewicz wrote:
> >Thanks for the reply!
> >
> >I have tried using the expand filter, e.g.
> >
> >mplayer.exe -vo direct3d "path\to\my\video" -vf dsize=300:300,expand:300x300 -
> >geometry 1920x1080+0+0
> >
> >But the result is the same. The video still zooms to fill the windows (while
> >maintaining aspect ratio), instead of displaying at my custom size.
> >
> >I also tried using the -nozoom flag, and playing with the -scale filter. But no
> >joy. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks!
>
> You don't specify the low 300x300 resolution (also your syntax for
> the expand
> filter is very wrong.)
>
> you may want to try using some thing like
>
> `mplayer.exe -vo direct3d "path\to\my\video" -vf
> dsize=300:300,expand=1920:1080  -geometry 1920x1080+0+0`
>
> there is likely another, better way to do the kind of thing you are
> trying to do,
> But I cant think of any directly that use the vo to do it.

It's not exposed via an option, but in libvo/video_out.h you can change
in aspect_scaling "return vo_fs;" to "return 1;" and then in e.g. -vo gl
you can use the panscan options even in windowed mode.
Another option is to have MPlayer draw into a different application's
window by using -wid and also use -fs, that should also allow panscan
to work, and does not need code changes.