[MPlayer-users] forward frame-stepping ...

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:20:03 CEST 2012

 I need to capture a movie frame by frame and I did find out that
mplayer can do that
~
 http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2004-October/048923.html

> With the patch you can push 's', the first time only pause the video,
> and when you push on 's' again that go the next frame
~
 but not programmatically (a la
"MovieFramesObject.getNextImage(<ImageFormat>)")
~
 I am not sure if ffmpeg or mplayer should be used, but I am pretty
sure "I am not the only one" who has needed such a thing. Basically I
will need to probe the media file metadata and if it is a movie (not
an mp3/sound file with just one or a few pictures in it) I will need
them to process it
~
 Any ideas/tips you would share?
~