[MPlayer-users] choice of audio device ...

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Sun Jun 17 00:53:31 CEST 2012

On 06/16/2012 11:44 AM, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>> $ mplayer -v -ao oss -alang eng -slang eng -autosync 30 -dvd-device
>> /dev/sr0 dvd://1

OSS?  Sure, if you use {Free|Open|Net}BSD.

OTOH, the Linux kernel deprecated OSS about a decade ago and removed it
5ish years ago, and for a couple of years PulseAudio has been the
preferred sound system in both Fedora and Ubuntu.  ALSA does, though,
have OSS emulation.

--
"There is usually only a limited amount of damage that can be
done by dull or stupid people. For creating a truly monumental