[MPlayer-users] Intel H77?

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Fri Jun 1 21:18:33 CEST 2012

On 06/01/2012 06:03:36 AM, Oliver Seitz wrote:

> >> The recommended vo modules are xv and gl, both are not hardware,
> >> but driver-depending.
> >
> > What I was hoping for was for someone to say, "Yes we have that
> chipon
> > our new MB, and it works just fine!"  Sorry for the confusion.
>
> H77 does not contain graphics. The graphics core is integrated with
> the
> CPU. These integrated graphics cores do a good job with MPlayer using
> -vo gl. -vo xv has a tearing problem, which is to blame on a
> hardware/driver issue. MPlayer can't help with this, other than just
> not
> using xv. It performs excellently when using vaapi, which is not
> integrated to MPlayer. A patched version of MPlayer exists, however.
>
> All praises are limited to just one monitor. If a second monitor is
> connected, video tearing *will* occur, regardless of the -vo method.

Thanks for this. Clearly, I'm not up-to-date with architectures :-)

So, if I'm running mplayer on an Intel i5, and it works well, can I
expect the same on an i7? Or are the integrated graphics likely to be
different? Just to repeat myself, I'm trying to figure out if mplayer
will produce good results running on an an Intel DH77DF (Intel H77
MiniITX)