[MPlayer-users] recent svn mplayer don`t find config file in windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Jun 1 18:10:56 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 07:55:57PM +0900, jaebum shin wrote:
> Hello Mplayer-users,
>
>   i  previously knew when mplayer first run, it find config in mplayer
>   folder of current directory.

No, it never did. It respects $MPLAYER_HOME, if that is not set
it uses $HOME/mplayer and $HOME is not set it looks in mplayer/
below the _executable location_, but _never_ the current directory.

>   and it do well  in svn r34900.
>   but in recent r34980  , it do not.

It should take less that 8 compiles to find the exact revision
that broke it if that really is the case.

>   so mplayer config file is now useless in windows .
>   of course it work on command line input
>   for example
>
>   mplayer -vf eq2=0.8:1:0.04:1.1
>
>   but config file setting for example
>   vf=eq2
>   brightness=33
>
>   not work anymore in r34980.
>
>   raimar!! did you change something in vf?

1) Your command line is not the same thing as the config file, it would
make sense to test the same thing
2) What would vf changes have to do whether the config file is used or
not? (did you actually check if it is or is that just an assumption
because those two settings don't work any more?)
3) If you use my name for no good reason I'd prefer it to be spelled
right at least.