[MPlayer-users] Intel H77?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jun 1 15:03:36 CEST 2012

>> The recommended vo modules are xv and gl, both are not hardware,
>> but driver-depending.
>
> What I was hoping for was for someone to say, "Yes we have that chipon
> our new MB, and it works just fine!"  Sorry for the confusion.

H77 does not contain graphics. The graphics core is integrated with the
CPU. These integrated graphics cores do a good job with MPlayer using
-vo gl. -vo xv has a tearing problem, which is to blame on a
hardware/driver issue. MPlayer can't help with this, other than just not
using xv. It performs excellently when using vaapi, which is not
integrated to MPlayer. A patched version of MPlayer exists, however.

All praises are limited to just one monitor. If a second monitor is
connected, video tearing *will* occur, regardless of the -vo method.

Greets,
Kiste