[MPlayer-users] How programmatically determine the correct one of two english soundtracks for an encode

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Jul 9 23:21:48 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 01:05:14PM -0700, Graham Lawrence wrote:
> I think I have that problem pretty well fixed.  It is not perfect, but
> of the 417 movies I've checked so far, it did what I needed in 412 of
> them.  But as it deletes nothing, you can manually correct those
> situations easily enough.
>
> Briefly, this is what it does
> All bare movies in the main Encodes directory are put in their own
> individual subdirectories
> For each movie directory within the main directory
>   If there are VOB or ISO files directory is moved to the designated
> dvds directory

What do you do with the ISOs? I am purely interested in that. I am able to
move stuff around using extentions and `file` to see what filetype it is.

So how do you turn your iso file into a movie? Especially interested if
you have multiple languages and multiple subtitles.

What I do is `dd` a dvd to e.g. "/share/isos/movie name.iso". Those are
the ones I turn into mkv. The ripping part script I have placed here:
http://houghi.eu/s/DVD I also use another file that is sourced and can be
found here: http://houghi.eu/s/default. That is mainly for layout of my
bash scripts.

houghi
--
	Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
	rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,