[MPlayer-users] How programmatically determine the correct one of two english soundtracks for an encode

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Jul 8 21:24:12 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 10:18:44AM -0700, Graham Lawrence wrote:
> I've incorporated everything I could glean from chapters 6 and 7 of
> mplayer's html documentation
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
> and am more than pleased with the results.  Encoding is fast, less
> than half the time of Handbrake, and the size reduction is OK, about
> 1/3 - 1/2 the size of the dvd, though Handbrake is superior in that
> respect.

I have tried to do the same, but got so confused in all the possible
options AND I had no idea what I was doing so I looked for an alternative.
The scripts I found also did not do what I wanted. I want all audio and
all subtitles. The reason is that I do not want to use the DVD menu's, yet
be able to listen to the commentary if it is available.

I have several hundred DVD's, so using a GUI is not an option.

>From what I understand I would need to first seperate all the languages
and the movie and then use mkvmerge to put it all in one file.
What gave me the biggest headache was the subtitles. I still have no idea
how to do that automatically.

Perhaps it is because mencoder and mplayer can do so much that it has
become so complex and I am just not smart enough.

houghi
--
for I in `find /usr/src/linux/ -name *.c`; \
do A=`grep -i -A 1 -B 1 fuck $I`;if [ "$A" != "" ]; \
then printf "$I \n$A \n\n"; fi ;done|less