[MPlayer-users] mplayer udp sync -- several instances on one machine

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:23:30 CEST 2012

On 07/06/2012 03:47 PM, johannes amorosa wrote:
> On 6 July 2012 23:27, johannes amorosa <johannes.amorosa at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> have
>>> instance
>>>
>>> maybe running out of network bandwidth? What command line do
>>> you use to send to 2 slaves? -r
>>>

>> Thank you Roger but I dont believe it's a bandwith issue. The
>> syncdata is simple UDP timecode values. Should be of any interest
>> in a gigabit network. I think I need a reverse-proxy that enables
>> a second broadcast port. Or some kind of tunneling. The command
>> is posted in my first posting. Anyone having another idea? Thanks
>> for help. Johannes
>>

> Is someone experienced with the reuse-socket option? It has no
> effect. What am I missing?

I don't know if this is an option for you, but you can load several
videos with gnome-mplayer (different windows) and then use a single
dbus command to control them all. There is the possibility that they
could get out of sync, but there are other commands that can be used
to sync up the media if needed.

Email me if you would like some examples.

Kevin

- --
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7D0BD5D1