[MPlayer-users] mplayer udp sync -- several instances on one machine

johannes amorosa johannes.amorosa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:55:00 CEST 2012

Hello list,
hope this is the right place to ask. I have an urgent problem since my
diploma is on monday.

I want to synchronise 5 HD videos with mplayer and all my tests worked out
great. As master I use:
mplayer -vo gl -xineramascreen 0 -udp-master -cache 1048576 -loop 0
-fixed-vo -fs -udp-ip 192.168.1.255 output.avi

As slave this one:
mplayer -vo gl -xineramascreen 1 -udp-slave -cache 1048576 -loop 0
-fixed-vo -fs output.avi

I wanted to use 2 streams on 1 multihead graficcard and use
the -xineramascreen 0 option to place them on the right desktop.
But the second slave won't sync. I didn't test this setup because I never
thought the "first" instance is blocking the port.
Is this the case? As Backup I could get 5 dedicated machines but ...

Master and slave on one machine works great. So I believe it's a port or
network issue. Maybe some port rerouting is possible.

Does anyone have an idea how I can sync two udp-slave instances on one
machine?
Thank you for your time.
Johanens