[MPlayer-users] [Query - mplayer usage in Linux based FPGA]

pcuser p pcuser.mails at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:04:08 CEST 2012

I've just started to walk through mplayer code base.
My requirement is only video decoding & yuv dump (as my FPGA doesn't have
display device) with mplayer using hardware decoder modules.

we presently have a V4l2 compatible driver for the hardware video modules.
What is best the place to start looking for plugging this driver to mplayer.

There is an other link very much related to my problem in mplayer mailing
list (pretty old) at the below link
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-July/053028.html

*Queries:*

>From the above mailing query link,its mentioned "mplayer can send mpeg1/2
to h/w decoder,other formats will be transcoded first"

1) is this restriction still valid?

I tried with is command
/mplayer <file.mp4> -vo yuv4mpeg

>From the test application perspective of my video driver,I can dump the yuv
data without the use of yuv4mpeg.

2) Is necessary i have to use yuv4mpeg to dump yuv,if i want to use mplayer?

Any reference would be helpful.