[MPlayer-users] /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libschroedinger-1.0.so.10" not found, required by "mplayer"

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 17:48:24 CET 2012

> > Updated via svn update
> >
> > and all is well again :)
>
> Just to make this clear: the problem here was that you
> either removed or updated libschroedinger  to an
> incompatible version.
> It was the fact that you recompiled MPlayer that helped, the
> svn update was a good idea but shouldn't have been strictly
> necessary.

To avoid problems in the future, how can I avoid other ports from updating libshroedinger?  Other ports appear to use it.  How do I check which ports depend on it?  If the ports system updates it, I svn update mplayer and reconfigure, recompile, and reinstall it to avoid this error?  Is this a good way to run mplayer.

Regards,

Antonio