[MPlayer-users] mplayer freeze with menu

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Tue Jan 24 22:43:08 CET 2012

When playing mplayer with "menu=1" in ~/.mplayer/config
or the -menu command line option, mplayer is freezing
at start with a lot of files including this one.
To stop mplayer when froozen, I have to killall -9 it.

With "menu=0", mplayer is playing fine the same files.

I try with both xv and vdpau, the issue is the same.

It is on a gentoo ~amd64 system and the last mplayer from svn.
I cannot remember when this issue was appening first,
but at least from a few months ago, and things are becoming
worst with time (more files are freezing mplayer).
Also, an nvidia card with the nvidia proprietary kernel module.

With other files like the ones recorded with kaffeine and
many other, all is going fine.

Follow my config file:

ao=jack,alsa
softvol-max=200
volume=50
volstep=1
vf-add=screenshot
fs=yes

[default]
fontconfig=1
subfont-autoscale=1
subfont-osd-scale=2
unrarexec=/opt/bin/unrar
#fontconfig=1
#font=/usr/share/fonts/bitstream-cyberbit/Cyberbit.ttf
#font='Bitstream Cyberbit:style=roman'
#font='Bitstream Cyberbit'
#font='Bitstream Charter'
menu=1

[gnome-mplayer]
msglevel=all=5
ao=jack,alsa
vo=vdpau
vc=ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau

# End of config file.

I try to upload a movie file to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/incoming/
but the server doesn't respond at that time.

Ciao,
Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."