[MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 22:14:45 CET 2012

--- On Sun, 1/22/12, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson at cox.net> wrote:

> From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson at cox.net>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports" <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
> Date: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
> On 01/21/2012 07:09 PM, Carl Eugen
> Hoyos wrote:
> > Antonio Olivares<olivares14031<at>
> yahoo.com>  writes:
> >
> >> When one uses mplayer svn, when is the recommended
> time to run
> >> $ svn update
> >
> > You have to run configure after each update.
> >

> Or is he asking when each day that the svn repository is
> updated with
> new code?
>
> --

This is what I am asking, when is it recommended to update sources and recompile to reflect the changes upstream?  weekly, bi-weekly, ..., etc

So I can keep pace with the development of svn mplayer.

I understand that I have to run ./configure each time, but when are sources updated, or when is the best time to update them?

Regards,

Antonio