[MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 01:46:37 CET 2012

--- On Sat, 1/21/12, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> From: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
> Antonio Olivares <olivares14031
> <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I have updated to svn latest and it compiled cleanly.
>
> That is a good idea, it is the only supported version!
>
> > I don't know if it is a good idea, but I installed on
> top of the mplayer from
> > ports :(
>
> Next time, consider to just copy the MPlayer executable to
> wherever you want to
> have it.
After I run gmake?  Then just copy it to /usr/local/bin or /opt/bin, or $HOME/bin any place is safe without running gmake install?

> Carl Eugen

BTW,

When one uses mplayer svn, when is the recommended time to run
$ svn update
and run gmake(in FreeBSD/make in Linux) to create new mplayer executable?

Thanks to all for your great help.

Regards,

Antonio