[MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Sat Jan 21 19:41:54 CET 2012

Hi,

On 01/21/12 17:23, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer/work/mplayer-export-2011-12-18/ffmpeg/libavcodec/ffv1.c:243:
>>> undefined reference to `log2'
>>>
>>> You should definitely upgrade this machine to a newer
>> base
>>> system.
>>> log2 and log2f has been merged into all FreeBSD
>> branches
>>> several months ago.
>>>
>>> Riggs
>>
>> What exactly do you mean update the system?
>> It is up to date via ports.  Do you mean update to
>> 9.0?

Either that, or to 8-STABLE which has log2/log2f:

   http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/8/lib/msun/src/

See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/current-stable.html
(if you don't mind tracking a development branch).
You could also wait for 8.3 and continue using your existing mplayer in
the meantime, or as you already suggested, build from SVN. If you build
it on your most outdated machine, chances are you can put it on an NFS
share and it will work on all the others too ;-)

Though I still don't get why the log2/log2f check in ./configure fails
and the workaround in ffmpeg/libavutil/libm.h isn't enabled, and in
particular, why it apparently produces different results on your two 8.2
boxes.

But comparing the config.log files on those two boxes
(/usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer/work/*/config.log) should really make
that clearer.

Raimund
--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 Germany +49-179-2981632 icq 16845346