[MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 20:23:15 CET 2012

--- On Sat, 1/21/12, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports" <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
> Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 9:16 AM
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 08:23:54AM
> -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > Otherwise, I am thinking about installing mplayer svn
> but configuring it to /opt/ directory
>
> If you can do with the old man page, just compile it and
> copy the
> mplayer binary (and nothing else) where ever you want it.
> None of the other installation steps are really necessary.
> Personally when I have to install, I prefer $HOME/bin

I have updated to svn latest and it compiled cleanly.  I don't know if it is a good idea, but I installed on top of the mplayer from ports :(
When I update with portmaster, will use -x mplayer so it will avoid trying to update it.  This is output from part of the build and now version output

[olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$ su
Password:
tricorehome# gmake install
gmake -C ffmpeg libpostproc/libpostproc.a
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake[1]: `libpostproc/libpostproc.a' is up to date.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake -C ffmpeg libswscale/libswscale.a
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake[1]: `libswscale/libswscale.a' is up to date.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake -C ffmpeg libavfilter/libavfilter.a
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake[1]: `libavfilter/libavfilter.a' is up to date.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake -C ffmpeg libavformat/libavformat.a
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
gmake[1]: `libavformat/libavformat.a' is up to date.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/olivares/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
install -d /usr/local/bin /usr/local/etc/mplayer /usr/local/lib
install -m 755 -s mencoder /usr/local/bin
install -d /usr/local/man/man1
install -m 644 DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1 /usr/local/man/man1/
cd /usr/local/man/man1 && ln -sf mplayer.1 mencoder.1
install -m 755 -s mplayer /usr/local/bin
tricorehome# exit
exit
[olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$ cd ~
[olivares at tricorehome ~]$ which mplayer
/usr/local/bin/mplayer
[olivares at tricorehome ~]$ mplayer --version
Unknown option on the command line: --version
Error parsing option on the command line: --version
MPlayer SVN-r34584-4.6.3 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
[olivares at tricorehome ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD tricorehome 8.2-RELEASE-p0 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p0 #0: Sat Apr  2 15:06:58 UTC 2011     root at hybrid.freebsdgr.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
[olivares at tricorehome ~]$ mplayer --help
Usage:   mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename

Basic options: (complete list in the man page)
 -vo <drv>        select video output driver ('-vo help' for a list)
 -ao <drv>        select audio output driver ('-ao help' for a list)
 vcd://<trackno>  play (S)VCD (Super Video CD) track (raw device, no mount)
 dvd://<titleno>  play DVD title from device instead of plain file
 -alang/-slang    select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country code)
 -ss <position>   seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
 -nosound         do not play sound
 -fs              fullscreen playback (or -vm, -zoom, details in the man page)
 -x <x> -y <y>    set display resolution (for use with -vm or -zoom)
 -sub <file>      specify subtitle file to use (also see -subfps, -subdelay)
 -playlist <file> specify playlist file
 -vid x -aid y    select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
 -fps x -srate y  change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
 -pp <quality>    enable postprocessing filter (details in the man page)
 -framedrop       enable frame dropping (for slow machines)

Basic keys: (complete list in the man page, also check input.conf)
 <-  or  ->       seek backward/forward 10 seconds
 down or up       seek backward/forward  1 minute
 pgdown or pgup   seek backward/forward 10 minutes
 < or >           step backward/forward in playlist
 p or SPACE       pause movie (press any key to continue)
 q or ESC         stop playing and quit program
 + or -           adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
 o                cycle OSD mode:  none / seekbar / seekbar + timer
 * or /           increase or decrease PCM volume
 x or z           adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
 r or t           adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vf expand

 * * * SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR DETAILS, FURTHER (ADVANCED) OPTIONS AND KEYS * * *

MPlayer SVN-r34584-4.6.3 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

Thanks for all the help.  I will use mplayer from svn for now, and I hope to get advice when to use to svn update to avoid to latest on this machine, till I decide to take the plunge and install 9.0 via source/svn/csup or erase and install from scratch.  Got a good running Custom FreeBSD dvd from Manolis K

http://freebsd-custom.wikidot.com/

and I hate to screw it up.  I recently installed nvidia driver which makes things better than the nv and nouveau drivers.

Regards,

Antonio