[MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 17:14:07 CET 2012

--- On Sat, 1/21/12, Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com> wrote:

> From: Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer update on FreeBSD ports
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Cc: "Antonio Olivares" <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 6:41 AM
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 04:18,
> Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Suggestions/advice/comments are greatly appreciated.
>  Here's a partial listing of what is happening:
> >
> /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer/work/mplayer-export-2011-12-18/ffmpeg/libavcodec/ffv1.c:243:
> undefined reference to `log2'
>
> You should definitely upgrade this machine to a newer base
> system.
> log2 and log2f has been merged into all FreeBSD branches
> several months ago.
>
> Riggs

What exactly do you mean update the system?
It is up to date via ports.  Do you mean update to 9.0?

The other machine updated just fine.  I believe it might be a matter of configuration?  Should I post config.log to paste bin or similar?

@Reimund
<quote>
If the two 8.2 boxes are supposed to be otherwise identical, you could compare the config.log's and the build logs (log 'make distclean all' output in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer with script(1)).
</quote>
I believe it could be one of the options that errors out, I will run make distclean all and try the whole thing again and see what happens.  I don't want to uninstall mplayer and reinstall since I have some custom crontab entries to play music at random times.

Thanks,

Antonio