[MPlayer-users] Does mplayer have the universal definition of audio channel mapping

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Jan 20 13:15:54 CET 2012

Le primidi 1er pluviôse, an CCXX, Zongyao Qu a écrit :
> I read the doc, it seams mplayer is able to
> remap the channels by -af channels or -af pan
> BUT does mplayer have its own channel mapping
>  definition? I did find the answer.

Internally, MPlayer always uses the ALSA order: front left, front right,
rear left, rear right, front center, low freq, etc.

If channels get swapped somewhere, that is a bug, either in a codec (who
should be reordering from its native order to ALSA order) or in an audio
output driver (who should be doing the opposite).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George