[MPlayer-users] can't play certain matroska files using vdpau

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 17 18:37:55 CET 2012

Francesco Berni <kurojishi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 01/17/2012 06:17 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Francesco Berni <kurojishi <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> $ mplayer -v -ass -double \[Commie\]\ Nisemonogatari\ -\ 02\
> >> \[0BD2EE1E\].mkv
> >
> > Could you confirm that the following crashes:
> > $ mplayer \[Commie\]\ Nisemonogatari\ -\ 02\ \[0BD2EE1E\].mkv -noconfig all
> > -vc ffh264vdpau
>
> yep

Please feel free to provide a sample (so I can test here with VDPAU hardware),
but it might be necessary to compile yourself, I believe there is an apt-get
incantation that provides all necessary development headers and libraries (sound
and opengl) and some unneeded more (xvid and others).

After that, just do
$ svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
$ cd mplayer
$ ./configure && make
I never install MPlayer (so you can at least test the result without
installing), you can move the resulting binary wherever you need it
(/usr/local/bin) if you prefer not to install.

Carl Eugen