[MPlayer-users] No fun with sandy bridge on linux

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Feb 24 10:01:12 CET 2012

Thanks for your answer, Reimar!

> -vo gl has a lot of options, so you probably should try some
> experimentation. In particular with the yuv= option.
> However it is hard to understand why you should have performance
> problems with it, since -vo gl works just fine for me with the really
> crappy GMA945 graphics.

Yes, very hard to understand... I don't find the problem now anymore...

Perhaps it was audio-related in the end. Sorry about the noise. (litterally)

>> About VA_API
 >
> Someone once maintained a patchset, but it might no longer work with
> up-to-date MPlayer and several issues were never fixed in it.

Yes, I've read about it on MPlayerhq's start page: "2010-02-04, Tuesday
:: ATI and Intel Users Rejoice! "

The link with this message is dead, however.
I wonder if this project will be revived one day, or if VA-API already
is obsolete?

Greets,
Kiste