[MPlayer-users] gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.c', needed by `libavcodec/x86/rv40dsp.o'. Stop.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Feb 18 19:49:17 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:36:57AM -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Running FreeBSD 8.2 Amd64:
>
> [olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$ uname -a
> FreeBSD tricorehome 8.2-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Sep 27 18:45:57 UTC 2011     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> ran svn update in mplayer directory,
> configure with
>
> [olivares at tricorehome ~/Downloads/mplayer/mplayer]$ ./configure --cc=/usr/local/bin/gcc46

Please run "make distclean" first, this is (as far as I could figure
out) caused by a broken .d dependency file.

> I have a question now, How can I run mplayer from home directory, just build it and copy mplayer executable to it?

For example. Generally there is no need and little point in installing
MPlayer.
Unless you want to have the man-page etc. all in one place, then
you can do something like ./configure --prefix=$HOME/mplayer or such.