[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer on Windows

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:42:46 CET 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 20:17 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:

> Marlon Smith wrote on Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:37:50 -0800:
>
> > Does anyone have a good guide for compiling MPlayer on Windows, [...]
> > Surely it can't be that difficult?
>
> Well, I'd write a documentation, but it only would say:
>
> Get and install either MinGW and MSYS, or Cygwin.
> Then ./configure or ./configure --enable-gui.
>
> There is no difference to compiling in Linux.
>
> Ingo

I think I've figured it out.  I downloaded the version of MinGW found at
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php since the regular version of
MinGW seemed to give me issues with make.  I also had to run make
without multithreading otherwise it froze (could have something to do
with my virtual machine).  Now MPlayer runs, but I'm going to need to
download and install some additional libraries as mentioned in
ftp://svn.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/win32/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt to
get the functionality I need.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Marlon