[MPlayer-users] converting a .mov file with mencoder

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:52:39 CET 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Ron Johnson wrote:

> VCODEC="vcodec=mpeg2video:aspect=4/3:vbitrate=6000:trell:nr=100"
> mencoder \
>    ${FOO}.mov \
>    -o ${FOO}.avi \
>    -ovc lavc -lavcopts $VCODEC \
>    -oac pcm -channels 1 -srate 8000
> ffmpeg -i ${FOO}.avi -target ntsc-dvd ${FOO}.mpeg

   thanks Ron, that works perfectly.
   I just had to remove the aspect= parameter, to preserve the aspect ratio
   of the source file.
   The most important change compared to what I did before is replacing
   mpeg1video with mpeg2vido With that, the direct conversion to mpg works
   also (the aspect ratio is preserved), but using ffmpeg with ntsc-dvd
   target is better.

--
Pierre Frenkiel