[MPlayer-users] converting a .mov file with mencoder

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Wed Feb 8 21:16:09 CET 2012

On 02/08/2012 02:06 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le decadi 20 pluviôse, an CCXX, Ron Johnson a écrit :
>> That's Motion JPEG.
>
> No, that is not. That is MPEG2 video in MPEG Transport Stream.

That's odd, because file(1) also reports video from her camera the same
way.  So, why would file(1) report them both as unoptimized QT?

$ file 20111207-165627.mov
20111207-165627.mov: Apple QuickTime movie (unoptimized)

$ mediainfo 20111207-165627.mov
General
Complete name                            : 20111207-165627.mov
Format                                   : QuickTime
Format/Info                              : Original Apple specifications
File size                                : 2.00 GiB
Duration                                 : 27mn 55s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 10.2 Mbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2011-12-07 16:56:27
Tagged date                              : UTC 2011-12-07 16:56:27
Writing library                          : pana

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : JPEG   <<<<<<<<<<
Codec ID                                 : jpeg
Duration                                 : 27mn 55s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 10.2 Mbps
Width                                    : 640 pixels
Height                                   : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 30.000 fps
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 1.104
Stream size                              : 1.98 GiB (99%)
Language                                 : English
Encoded date                             : UTC 2011-12-07 16:56:27
Tagged date                              : UTC 2011-12-07 16:56:27

Audio
[snip]

--
How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?