[MPlayer-users] converting a .mov file with mencoder

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Feb 8 18:53:17 CET 2012

Le decadi 20 pluviôse, an CCXX, Pierre Frenkiel a écrit :
>   Now, I put the good file in my own http server.
>
>     wget http://www.frenkiel-hure.net/pub/file.mov

Got it, thanks.

The file is not in MOV format, it is MPEG-TS, and mplayer detects it as
such.

ffmpeg does not, but if you specify -f mpegts, it manages to read it. I have
opened a trac ticket, in case someone may want to investigate the probing
failure:
https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/987

Now you can encode the file using ffmpeg. Although I would still like to see
your full command line and console output to know where mencoder messes the
aspect ratio.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George