[MPlayer-users] vidix on an AMD Radeon HD 6310

aw585 at lafn.org aw585 at lafn.org
Sat Feb 4 14:31:27 CET 2012

> From: lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
> mplayer -af volnorm -vf pp=md,screenshot,scale=1280:-2 -vo fbdev2 dvb://
>
> but this needs around 50% of one CPU. With fbdev (not fbdev2) the text overlay
> flickers badly such that subtitles are no joy. This was all  no  problem  with
> cvidix on my old laptop:-(
>
> Is there any way to achieve all this without cvidix?
>
> Thanks for all Your help and hints
> Lynx

Have you tried adding the -really-quiet   switch, or am I misunderstanding
the overlay flicker part of the problem?

I suppose developement resources (people, time) are limited,
but I can't help but suspect some of the push for depricating
drivers other than xv etc is being driven by Ubuntu's "It just works"
philosophy, which forces elimination of anything that might
require experimentation, tuning, a wrapper script or alias etc -
in short anything that might require learning/discovery.
(Further trolling comments deleted by better judgement.  :-)   )

Regards, Dallas E. Legan II / legan at acm.org / aw585 at lafn.org
http://isthereanotherquestion.blogspot.com
"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"
        - "At the Mountains of Madness", H.P.