[MPlayer-users] Reverting to specific revision

John Brown johnbrown_105 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 12:08:47 CET 2012

Hello All,

To my horror, I see that FFmpeg's version control system is now using git.
My problem is that the current revision (whatever it is - I have no idea
how to find out) cannot be built:

ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(h264.o):h264.c:(.text+0x9a7a): undefined referenc
e to `ff_videodsp_init').

Google tells me that I can go back to earlier revisions with, for example:
cd ffmpeg
git checkout master~1

but the largest offset that works is 8. Similarly, `git log' seems to
show only the last 24 hours.

I want to go back a few *days* at a time until I succeed in building
MPlayer. How can I do that?

Regards,
John Brown.