[MPlayer-users] Compile error on ARM

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Dec 20 18:20:01 CET 2012

Hi!

I just got a raspberry pi and tried to compile mplayer on it. Yes, I
know the h264 hardware decoding will not work... anyway, I think it
should compile, but:

make -C ffmpeg libavcodec/libavcodec.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pi/mplayer/ffmpeg'
CC	libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_arm.o
libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_arm.c: In function 'ff_dsputil_init_arm':
libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_arm.c:124:9: error: 'HAVE_VFP' undeclared
(first use in this function)
libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_arm.c:124:9: note: each undeclared
identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[1]: *** [libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_arm.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/mplayer/ffmpeg'
make: *** [ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Fehler 2

It is a fresh svn checkout, ./configure without parameters.

System is Raspbian wheezy, dist-upgraded today.
I also did "apt-get build-dep mplayer"

Is there a bug, or have I done something wrong? Never used an ARM-based
system before...

Greets,
Kiste