[MPlayer-users] recent libass text rotation corruption

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Wed Dec 19 18:14:14 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 01:42:55PM +0100, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Between svn revisions 35319 and 35698 a rewrite of vf_ass has
> happened as well, which might be the cause for your regression:

thanks.  with that in mind, I've been able to narrow it down to a
single commit.

> $ svn log -r35319:35698 libmpcodecs/vf_ass.c
> r35338 | upsuper | 2012-11-02 06:42:48 +0100 (Fri, 02 Nov 2012) | 5 lines
>
> a new implementation of vf_ass

this is the commit that introduces the color plane separation bug on
my system.  r35337 does not exhibit the bug on my system, while r35338
does.

> Anyway, I'd assume that you need to provide more information about
> your setup, e.g. complete console output of "mplayer -v YOUR_OPTIONS
> YOUR_FILE" when this problem occurs. This would show hardware info,
> video filters, video output used, error messages, and much more.

I've gathered the relevant files, including mplayer's -v output, and
placed them up at http://rut.org/mplayer/

(the file.mkv isn't needed to reproduce the bug, and it's quicker to
download the subtitles.ass file that I've extracted from it and play
it against any video file of sufficient length.  I've included the
file.mkv there anyhow.)

to reproduce the bug I use "-noconfig all -vo xv -ass -ss 730", and
the text corruption will appear at 740 seconds.  I did notice that
when using "-vo vdpau" the corruption won't appear, though it does
appear when using "-vo x11" as well so it doesn't appear specific to
"-vo xv".