[MPlayer-users] How to get Apple Remote to work on OS X 10.8.2

algiz algiz algiz at europe.com
Tue Dec 4 16:54:02 CET 2012

> You could run
> gcc -o ar_test input/ar.c -DTEST
> and run it, see what messages it prints.

Certainly, did that, got no output (but behaviour is slightly different from that when mplayer runs). Anyway, I have posted the same question to mplayer2-users and got confirmation that current implementation of Apple Remote code doesn't work with recent versions of OSX.

But, I have found sample code that works (described here: http://osxbook.com/software/iremoted/ , does not use hardcoded cookies). No idea if it would be possible to fit that code into mplayer, but I think I can cobble together something usable starting with the sample code there and using -input file=fifo

   =R.