[MPlayer-users] Intel Poulsbo framebuffer

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue Aug 7 20:52:59 CEST 2012

> (I assume you tried running as root, just in case that mmap and only
> that for some reason is restricted to root?)

Yes, the logs came from running as root. It is a shame that intel still
uses this proprietary gpu core, their own designs do quite a good job
when talking about video nowadays.

I don't feel it should be the job of open-source software to work-around
the bugs in proprietary designs. I'll try to get that proprietary driver
running X, if I don't succeed, I'll use other hardware.

Thanks for the explanations!

Greets,
Kiste