[MPlayer-users] mplayer crashes with gl video out device

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 19:24:55 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 08:43:54PM +0530, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> [VO_XV] It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.

That is already suspicious.

> Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
> VO: [gl_nosw] 1920x800 => 1920x800 Planar YV12
> [gl] Error compiling fragment program, make sure your card supports
> [gl]   GL_ARB_fragment_program (use glxinfo to check).
> [gl]   Error message:
>   unexpected token at e+00, 1.16

Please add -v so we can see what driver and graphics card that is.
The shader compiler of this driver seems cannot handle floating point
values in exponential notation.
To my knowledge neither the proprietary NVidia nor ATI/AMD drivers
nor the open source Intel or AMD/ATI drivers nor Mesa in general
nor the Intel, AMD or NVidia binary drivers on Windows have
any issue with it, that doesn't really leave many popular
cards/drivers...