[MPlayer-users] mencoder and HD videos on multimedia player

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:38:23 CEST 2012

On 26.04.2012 10:32, Mathieu Westphal wrote:

> I would like to use mencoder ! The problem is i don't know wich codec i
> can use !
> What mencoder command can i use to obtain the same process as above, in
> a shorter period of time ?
>
> Also i would like to uderstend what is the difference between a standard
> mencoder encoding (like let's say -ovc lavc -lavcopts codec=mpeg4 ) and
> what your command do ?
> As far as i understand the first command uncompress the video into a
> temporary file and the second reencode it, all the thing in streaming.
> The reencoing process only the video with a lot of options i don't
> really understand.
>
> The last command take the sound of the original video and the video we
> reencode into the final output.
>
> So i can guess that can be done with one or two mencoder command, but i
> need your help for that.
>
> Am i right?

OK.
But it will be either bigger file or worse quality as it will be encoded
to Xvid where I've posted AVC1 encode earlier:

mencoder -ass -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
fixed_quant=3:me_quality=1:noqpel:nogmc:lumi_mask:max_bframes=2:nopacked:profile=asp5:autoaspect
-o output.avi input.mkv

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/