[MPlayer-users] Compiling on 64-bits...

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Sep 27 12:02:08 CEST 2011

John Doe <jdmls <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile mplayer SVN-r34125 on CentOS 6 64-bits.
> It fails with:

Normally, when reporting build problems, please confirm that you did:
$ make distclean
$ svn up
$ ./configure && make

If make fails, run make again and post the complete, uncut output of your
(repeated) call to make here.

In your case, I suspect you used an --enable option (most of them do not work as
you expect, and you cannot report problems if you use them, see configure's
output) that is not supported on your platform (--enable-win32dll).

Compilation for 64bit is supported since a very long time.

Carl Eugen