[MPlayer-users] Transcoding video with mencoder, audio becomes asynchronous

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Sep 25 12:05:35 CEST 2011

Le duodi 2 vendémiaire, an CCXX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> I haven't kept track of the discussion, but I think mencoder
> writes some wrong values into the AVI header.
> There have been patches posted to -dev-eng to fix that, and
> I thought I ok'd them, but no idea what happened then...

If you mean the one I proposed about one month ago, there was some doubt
about whether they were doing the right thing or not. The current state is:

* Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:22:42 +0200: fix for at least one stream copy case,
  but not all, and quite ugly.

* Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:34:21 +0200: fix for -ovc lavc with MP2, MP3, AC3 and
  probably G726.

I believe the second is "correct", in the sense that the practice of various
codecs in AVI is a mess of contradictory uses of badly defined and
overlapping header field.

OTOH, I do not know if it is relevant for this thread, as I did not find
enough details to know what codec the OP was using.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George