[MPlayer-users] Is there mplayer for ARM?

Sat Sep 24 15:26:41 CEST 2011

Hi Carl Eugen Hoyos!

 On 2011.09.24 at 11:58:39 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote next:

> > *sigh* I'd be very much interested in anything remotely usable,
> > mplayer or ffmpeg-based, for popular Tegra 2 devices. I understand that
> > 2x1 Ghz arm core isn't that much and don't expect 720p playback without
> > HW acceleration, but at least 480/576p should be possible; however,
> > there is simply no good solution.
>
> Did you already test FFmpeg's libstagefright decoder?

It's a bit unclear how to test it, google doesn't help.

Is there android app which uses it? Or some easy way to compile one
myself - something that doesn't involve much stuff past installing arm
compliting toolchain, applying some patch and typing make?

--

Vladimir