[MPlayer-users] Segmented streaming and mplayer

Kristian R. Evensen kristrev at simula.no
Sat Sep 10 11:50:08 CEST 2011

On 10 September 2011 11:43, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Have you tried playing the concatenated file?
> This sounds like your "segmented streaming code" simply generates broken
> files, confusing MPlayer and thus causing a gap.

Just confirmed that the concatenated file plays back just fine. It
seems I was confused by a loop in the video, fooling me into think
there was a gap in playback.

The next challenge now is that the retrieval code, in order to fake
buffering, has to call blocking functions. This affects the pipeping
of output. This is probably outside the scope of this mailing list and
more a linux-specific thing, but has anyone encountered this challenge
and knows how to solve it?

-Kristian