[MPlayer-users] config file for different file formats

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Sep 9 17:21:50 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 06:11:02PM +0530, Mac Smith wrote:
> can I set different config files for different file formats, like i want to enable cache for mp4 files and want to disable cache for mp3 file, but i dont want to specify it in the command line. Can i specify it in the .mplayer/config

Something like
[extension.mp4]
cache=...

[extension.mp3]
nocache=yes

The documentation hopefully has details.
Note that this will be purely extension based, so it will not work
as expected if the files have incorrect extension (the reason is
that detecting what format it really is obviously needs data to be read,
so the decision of cache vs. no cache must already have been made at that
point).