[MPlayer-users] Trying to view GMP4 video

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sat Sep 3 09:38:14 CEST 2011

On Friday, 02 September 2011 at 20:53, Joshua Nankin wrote:
> I've downloaded the dll codec from free-codecs.net, but I dont know how to
> install it.  MPlayer correctly identifies the video as GMP4 in the details
> pane, but shows no installed video codec.  How do I install the dll?

MPlayer can play virtually any video file in the world, but sometimes
companies "invent" new video codecs by simply changing their codec IDs
and then MPlayer can't recognize the codec. That's why we need a sample
to figure out if it's something MPlayer can already play (then the fix
is to simply add the new ID to MPlayer's internal codec list) or if it's
really a new codec (then it might need some new code in MPlayer).

I hope that clears things up.

Regards,
Dominik

--