[MPlayer-users] two questions about playing from the console

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Oct 29 10:37:59 CEST 2011

Am 29.10.2011 09:42, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Oliver Seitz<info<at>  vtnd.de>  writes:
>
>>> What libs do I need to make sure I _do_ install?
>>
>> After downloading the source, try running ./configure . It will most
>> certainly fail.
>
> This seems unlikely to me.

When I use a new install, at least build-essential, git and yasm is
missing, so ./configure fails.

> The problem is that only gl, xv and vdpau offer acceptable performance, all
> other vo's (including framebuffer and dga) have severe usage issues afair.

I've played 800x600 at 30 on framebuffer, but I wouldn't expect much more
than that.

On a matrox G550, using -vo mga I've been playing 1680x1050 at 30 with a
1.2GHz cpu. It strongly depends on the graphics card what's possible on
the console or framebuffer...

Greets,
Kiste