[MPlayer-users] Framedrop problem with VDPAU DI

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:58:12 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Dom H <speedsix.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Several things don't make sense though. Firstly, it does it on SD
> content. Secondly, it starts dropping frames permanently (and rapidly)
> at a set point in the video (when a particular BBC demo reel starts
> up, the audio also changes rate/channels, audio buffer is increased)
> If I seek back to a second after the frame dropping is triggered (and
> where it was still dropping frames like mad) it plays the same section
> perfectly.
>
> Thridly, if I change the audio track with '#' fron eng(0) to NAR(1)
> then the point that triggers the framedropping doesn't happen (but
> does much later in the recording at a different point) Why would the
> audio track have such an impact?
>
> Odd.

Yeah, I'd say that sinks my theory if it's happening with SD content
and is predictable. I'm not exactly using a recent version of mplayer
(and perhaps more importantly older nvidia drivers). I tend to only
update these things when I have a problem or encounter a media file I
can't play.

If there is a sample that can reliably reproduce this issue perhaps
there is something that one of the devs can look at?