[MPlayer-users] Unsplit file for playback

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Oct 26 20:37:38 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:44:37PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 10/26/2011 02:50 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
> >Le quartidi 4 brumaire, an CCXX, Ron Johnson a écrit :
> >>Where does that bit of undocumented (not in either the mplayer nor
> >>ffmpeg man pages) magic come from?
> >
> >The ffmpeg:// pseudo-URL scheme is documented in MPlayer's ChangeLog;
> > It could be also in the man page,
>
> It's not, as of svn34237.

Besides me obviously being too able to document it:
It's also kind of experimental really.
Plus, the idea is to add useful protocols directly to the list
in stream_ffmpeg so that you wouldn't use the ffmpeg:// syntax.

> >patch welcome.
> >
> >The concat: protocol is documented in ffmpeg's man page and HTML
> >documentation.
>
> Must be something newer than 0.6.2, since it's not in that version's
> man page.

Hardly surprising considering that (I think) it did not exist in 0.6
(0.6 is ancient, seriously).