[MPlayer-users] Problem: some videos freeze, other very similar videos do not--difference might be just in?resolution (pixels)--how to convert?

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Oct 19 08:10:39 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 06:55:52PM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> But I'm still interested if anyone does see a reason the problematic video
> should be harder to decode (i.e., play) than the other.

The only reason I could come up with would be on the 'broken' one
VIDEO:  [H264]  320x240  0bpp  59.917 fps  227.8 kbps (27.8 kbyte/s)
on the 'working' one
VIDEO:  [H264]  480x360  0bpp  29.970 fps  503.1 kbps (61.4 kbyte/s)

What you could try is use ffmpeg or mencoder and convert it from flv to
flv, but with less fps. Also see if the avi file has not already done
that.

Also look at the load of your machine and if it is too high, see if you
can bring it down and see if that affects the performance. Turn off any 3d
stuff that you might be running.

I can play both files withour any issues.

houghi