[MPlayer-users] Side by Side movie with subtitels

Floris jkfloris at dds.nl
Wed Oct 5 17:30:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

My 3D TV can play 3D movies from a movie coded in Side By Side format.

The 3D TV then takes out one half of the screen, displays this full screen
for one eye, and then the other half for the other eye. I have to wear
shutter
glasses for this.

Mplayer doesn't have any problem with SBS coded files, the 3D quality I
get is superb.

However the subtitles are shown as usual below in the screen. If I watch a
SBS movie
that has a left and right site the 3D TV's will cut up the subtitles, show
the left side
of the subtitle over the whole screen mixed up with the right side of the
subtitle over
the whole screen.

To correct this the subtitle should be duplicated. One for the left eye
and one for
the right eye. Or just for one eye

Is Mplayer able to do this?

thanks,