[MPlayer-users] musepack deprecated (was:2 Questions)

野宮 賢 / NOMIYA Masaru nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Sat Oct 1 13:27:11 CEST 2011

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] musepack deprecated (was:2 Questions)
  Date & Time: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 10:13:55 +0000 (UTC)

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> has written:

>> I checked configure script, then I found it doesn't check the presence
>> of musepack at all.

> Do you have a file that could be played before, but fails now?

No. I'm using musepack for converting files.

>> Is this my misunderstanding?

> ./configure --help tells you that since musepack is deprecated (Reimar
> deprecated it in January), you need to pass --enable-musepack if you want to use
> it.

Deprecated!

I saw the Wikipedia. It informed me of the Musepack's legal problem.
I understand the deprecation.

> Please note that "2 Questions" is not a very useful subject-line, it is
> completely acceptable (and actually preferred) to send two mails immediately
> after another (with useful subject lines).

Sorry, I will do so.

Thanks,

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp